Monday 31 October 2011

Halloween

Some friends threw down the gauntlet for scariest outfits for a Halloween party ... be warned, they are a bit gruesome ... but no one was hurt, it's all makeup and paint :)

This is my practice makeup practice run. Unfortunately for the poor delivery man, I forgot I had zombie makeup on and a zombie baby eating it's way out of my fake tummy went I went to answer the door - I've never seen anyone throw a parcel and run so fast LOL. At least I hadn't added the fake blood at this stage ;)


Here we all are at the beginning of the night:


Me and OH in our final makeup. I'm a zombie and he has 'unzipped' his face:


You can't actually tell from these photos, but we shaved a wide stripe in his hair all the way around the back and painted a fake cut and stitches - as if he'd had a Lobotomy ... it was a little too effective and I'm sure that some people actually thought he'd had surgery :)


This is my final outfit with fake blood added. I drew lots of gasps and double looks when people saw zombie baby ! You wouldn't believe how many people asked if I was actually pregnant (and before anyone gives me any cheek that's half of a pillow stuffed up my top ...)

5 comments:

  1. NO wonder the postman ran. Shaving heads is a bit excessive isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm!

    If these are the 'Before' pics I daren't ask what the 'After' pics are like. Looks like a good party!

    Have you ever read "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies"? On the evidence of these pics you'd probably like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great costume....but I'm glad I wasn't your postie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous costumes and make-up, I'm a halloween/Day of the Dead costume addict so I am in full appreciation of your commitment to your looks in these photo's. Top Marks.

    But I digress, I didn't actually pop by to talk horror, but to invite you to join Folia, the (free) online garden site.

    It's a great resource for gardeners and has helped me keep on top of my 800+ plantings with photo's, notes, journals, milestones etc. They have an extensive plant wiki and a seed stash section where people can also list seeds for swapping and see who else is growing the same plant around the world.

    There are numerous groups available to join such as Vegetable growers, Wintersowers, Composting, Container Gardening etc.

    Here's the link join and to access my own Folia pages www.myfolia.com/gardener/CDfolia/invite. (my member name is CDfolia).

    ReplyDelete
  5. need some ideas for this year now !

    ReplyDelete