Thursday 23 April 2009

ooooooooooo its so exciting

my freshly sown seeds have started to germinate !! I love this time of year, its so exciting going to the lottie to see what else has arrived.

yin yang:
YinYan

Sweetcorn
Sweetcorn

Squash (I think LOL .. gone an done my usual fabulous labelling job !!):
Squash

Borlotti Beans
BorlottoBean

Broccoli
Broccoliseedlings

Peas:
Peas

French Marigolds:
Marigold

Greenhouse Strawberry:
Strawberries

Brambly Apple ... mmmmm, blackberry & apple crumble !!! slurp:
BramblyApple

The beetroot bed and Jenny's peas:
Beetroot & pea bed

The red cabbage & kohl rabi bed ... with pigeon protection !
brassicas

The salad bed - the Rocket that I sowed at the weekend (wasn't it only Sunday) has already arrived :)
salad

Nick has given me some spare herbs that have self seeded on his plot:

Lemon Balm:
Lemonbalm

his mum's fabulous non-flowering purple sage ... ie everlasting !!
sage

7 comments:

  1. Love your photos; I can't get in that close with my compact digital. Do you use a tripod?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your peas look like broad beans to me. I often don't label, thinking that I will remember when they germinate .............!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woody, I've got a wide angle lens on my camera (Canon G10). Don't use a tripod, but I do crop them once I get them home and do a little contrast balancing (if I was a better photographer I wouldn't need to do this). I'm using Microsoft Office Picture Manager at the mo, as I've got software issues !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn - they are definitely peas ... the meeces have left me just a few.

    I got carried away when I was sowing seeds and although I've down what I sowed, I forgot to put labels into some of the trays! Happens every year ... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aah; now that (cropping them) is a good idea! Must have a go at that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just so exciting to see the seeds germinate every day. I can't resist poking around in the compost and giving them a helping hand!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha ha Matron, I've learned my lesson on that front - I've snapped so many delicate seedlings by giving them 'a helping hand' !!

    ReplyDelete