Sunday 26 February 2006

February days

Woke to beautiful sunshine this morning, but as the car died last night had to wait for Kwik Fit to open and get a new battery.

Straight home for a quick cuppa, then up to the lottie. Gathered all my tools, decided upon my mental checklist and started weeding - there is a saying 'one year to seed - 7 years of weeds' and I think its going to be very true in my case.

Finished weeding the garlic when the heavens opened, and I mean opened. First it rained (think premium sports car, 0-60 in 3 seconds), then it hailed and finally it snowed, all within 5 mins ... with the roof of the potting shed straining I took the hint, packed up and came home to read my new allotment books and decide what to do with my newly acquired pallets.

No comments:

Post a Comment